Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Wantoks

Wishing all my Wantoks in Papua New Guinea and around the world a Merry Christmas. Hope that Father Christmas was kind to you this year. But at times like this, it is also a time for self reflection and even if Father Christmas did not bring you anything. I for one am thankful that I am more fortunate then other people in this world. To be able to spend this time with my family and loved ones. Is a blessing in itself.

In Port Moresby you see people everyday struggling to make a living, with the prices of goods and services going up and up. For example every Saturday there is a old lady well in to her 60's that walks the streets in my neighborhood, checking the rubbish on rubbish bin day to collect tin cans and plastic bottles to sell to recyclers. I use to get frustrated about the old lady going through my rubbish on the side of the road. But then with a bit of self reflection I was thinking how luck I am that this is not me that has to sort through other peoples rubbish and waste to make enough money to live for today.

Basically what I guess I am trying to say here is Merry Christmas to you all, but spare a thought or say a prayer for those less fortunate then you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment