Saturday, November 29, 2008

Website for online safety tips - Get Safe Online

While surfing the web this morning I can across a educational website that gives tips on online safety. The site is call Get Safe Online. The foundation was founded by Microsoft, HSBC, HM Government, and SOCA. Other partners include Paypal, Symantec, and Cable&Wireless.

The aim of the website is to provide expert online safety advice to people for free. To counter internet crime by answering questions and providing advise on:

  • What are risks?
  • How do I protect my pc?
  • Avoid online rip-offs
  • Where do I get more detailed advise
  • Where do I get alerts?
  • How safe am I?
  • etc
There is also a section where you can test your online safety skills, which takes a few minutes to do and can give you insight into how much you do know or don't know about online safety. I for one think that this site is a great initiative by Microsoft and co to help everyone including my wantoks in Papua New Guinea learn how to do things safely online.

No comments:

Post a Comment